Best student reportedly dies after high jump durning his school’s inter-house sports in abuja

Discussion in 'Breaking News Nigeria' started by djayz1, Mar 8, 2017.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

    • GL Senior Member
    • GL Legend
    • Forum Author
    • Guru Member

    djayz1 Forum Author

    Member Since:
    Mar 11, 2013
    Message Count:
    Likes Received:
    Current Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy s3 - Android 4.3
    Sponsored Links:
    Michael Paul Ogbe, a 16-year-old SS3 student of ASACS International Staff College, Bwari, Abuja, has been reported dead, caused serious head injuries he sustained after a high jump during the school’s inter-house sports on March 1, 2017.

    His shocked mother, Marian Nnanna Ogbe, has called for a probe of the incident and justice over the untimely death of her only son, who lost his father when he was 4. The late Michael was the best science student of the school.


    Sources claimed that Michael would have survived if he was rushed immediately to the hospital for treatment. Findings also revealed that the school

    lacked high jump facilities as it was a small mattress that was placed on the ground for the students to land on.

    When Authorityngr newspaper called the proprietor, Chief A.B. Ekwere, who also owns Dorben Polytechnic in Bwari, he declined to speak. All the subsequent calls were not picked.


    Mrs Ogbe, who said she single-handedly brought up Michael, lamented that she was not immediately informed when the incident occurred. She got to the hospital to meet her son already packaged for the mortuary.

    She lamented that if only she was called immediately, she would have taken him to a private specialist hospital for adequate medical attention.

    Mrs. Ogbe recalled that the deceased had a premonition of his death as he was reluctant to return to school after the mid-term break.


    “We had to force him to go on Tuesday,” she said. “Michael was a computer wiz-kid. He wanted to work as a computer security expert in government or a telecommunications company,” Ogbe said, displaying a form she obtained from a school in Canada where he was billed to resume in September 2017.

    “I miss him so much, I can’t give birth again, I don’t even have a husband, I don’t know where to start from. Life has no meaning anymore; I worked so hard for Michael.


    The school is so careless, they don’t take care of the students, I want justice done. I gave you a live child and you are giving me back a dead one. It wouldn’t have taken me 40 minutes to get to the school,” she lamented.
    I am glad you enjoyed my story. Visit us at to stay updated with more interesting/exclusive news like these. Click HERE now to do that.

Sponsored Links:

Sponsored Links:

Share This Page