China boasts world's fastest supercomputer

Discussion in 'DELETED POSTS' started by Al3ksA, Oct 29, 2010.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

• GL Legend
    • Guru Member
    • Retired Moderator

Al3ksA Retired Moderator

Message Count:
    China boasts world's fastest supercomputer

Oct 28, Electronics/Hardware

Hundreds of ethernet cables are connected to rows of laptops for Flashmob 1, the first flashmob supercomputer, at the University of San Francisco in 2004. China is set to trump the US to take the number one spot for the fastest supercomputer ever made in a survey of the world's zippiest machines, a report says. China is set to trump the US to take the number one spot for the fastest supercomputer ever made in a survey of the world's zippiest machines, it was reported Thursday. Tianhe-1, meaning Milky Way, has a sustained computing speed of 2,507 trillion calculations per second, making it the fastest computer in China on a list published Thursday. But it is also 1.4 times faster that the world's current fastest ranked supercomputer in the US, housed at a national laboratory in Tennessee, according to the New York Times. Tianhe-1 does its warp-speed "thinking" at the National Center for Supercomputing in the northern port city of Tianjin -- using mostly chips designed by US companies. The Tianjin Meteorological Bureau and the National Offshore Oil Corporation data centre have both started trials using the computer. "It can also serve the animation industry and bio-medical research," Liu Guangming, the supercomputing centre's director, told state news agency Xinhua. According to Jack Dongarra, a University of Tennessee computer scientist who maintains the official supercomputer rankings which are due to be released next week, the Chinese beast "blows away the existing number one machine". "We don’t close the books until November 1, but I would say it is unlikely we will see a system that is faster," he told the New York Times. It is not the first time, however, that the US has had its digital crown stolen by an Asian upstart. In 2002, Japan made a machine with more power than the top 20 American computers put together. Japan is also working on a new machine called "K Computer" in a bid to take the supercomputing crown. Computer designer Steven J. Wallach is not overly worried by China's rise to computing superpower. "It’s interesting, but it’s like getting to the four-minute mile," he told the New York Times. "The world didn ’t stop. This is just a snapshot in time. "They want to show they are number one in the world, no matter what it is."

http://pda.physorg.com/news/2010-10-chi ... puter.html
    • GL Legend
    • Guru Member

Byko4all GL Legend

Message Count:
    • GL Legend
    • Guru Member

Byko4all GL Legend

Message Count:
    I BUILD FOR CHINA.......

Alves Member

Message Count:
    Intresting
    • GL Senior Member
    • GL Legend
    • Guru Member

POSSIBLE GL Senior Member

Message Count:
    I will build my own world fastest computer. LOL. If nigerian goverment is ready. Action will start immediately

Greatbokoâ„¢ Member

Message Count:
    hahaha........

Greatbokoâ„¢ Member

Message Count:
    @possible 4 9ja is nt easy. Were selfish n corruption done became........
    • GL Senior Member
    • GL Legend
    • Guru Member

Message Count:
    @great. Everything is POSSIBLE. Just watch out for my Inventory. Dont be surprise when it finally Launch. Till then. I remain POSSIBLE

Greatbokoâ„¢ Member

Message Count:
    @possible i must appreciate it wen it happens. Like hw it was ALLAH IS GREAT
    • GL Senior Member
    • GL Legend
    • Guru Member

Message Count:
    • GL Legend
    • Guru Member

IFYEEZ GL Legend

Message Count:
    Nigerians as far as i can tell, you nd i have the knowledge but we lack materials and theories. So government help is required essencially to build up a mightier computer that is faster than China most fastest computer. Nigerians are very intelligent thats why anywere we are, we try our possible best to turnout to be the greatest. Thats why Americans are afraid of us.....
    • GL Senior Member
    • GL Legend
    • Guru Member

Message Count:
    You are right! @IFYEEZ
    • GL Legend
    • Forum Author
    • Guru Member

®J@b$$on™ Forum Author

Message Count:
    Current Phone:
    i know this place na 9JA

Lexxino Member

Message Count:
    God blessed us with so much talent bt hw cn we experiment it when we dnt av a good governmnt to profide 4 our ndz they only care 4 dier pocket.
    • GL Senior Member
    • GL Legend
    • Guru Member

Message Count:
    TIME WILL TELL WHEN IT IS TIME.
    Nigeria is a failed state. Imagine: Our government keep borrowing money from international bodies before we got independence yet people were dying silently everyday while others live under $1 per day.
    What a shame nation
    • Guru Member

Mighty Guru Member

Message Count:
    Worse dan shame.

jman77 Upcoming Guru

Message Count:
    hey o yeah! Which level naija?

jman77 Upcoming Guru

Message Count:
    hey o yeah! Which level naija?

Kingzonly Member

Message Count:
    Hello my beloved all I will say now is that you have says well but let us couse a problem that will affect the goverment and let them go for expert since they are not ready to help, by the time we couse an IT problem over the network that will affect the goverment and some induvidual that also refuse to help then we will be start wanted by pleading for our needs (by goverment and them mr chairman etc), as I said in my thread ''GET BUILDUP INTERNET DISH'' under internet turnnel etc. Alot of thing we can do. Take a look at NIGER DELTAL when the youth at the state raiseup by violent kednaping people hope MR PRESIDENT seek to there needs by given everyone each milions of naira even send them out of the country for proffesional courses each now they in money, which means we need to showup with a surprise to our goverment if not they not do anything even take a look at who want to prove himself...get me right if we did not deploye any problem they we not realise there are talented people in this country.
    • GL Senior Member
    • GL Legend
    • Guru Member

Message Count:

I SUPPORT YOUR ZEAL

drlawve103 Member

Message Count:
    Yeah! Lets startup something!.
    • GL Legend
    • Guru Member

iwp GL Legend