Fashola probe: Court delivers judgment today

Discussion in 'DELETED POSTS' started by Al3ksA, Nov 1, 2010.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

• GL Legend
    • Guru Member
    • Retired Moderator

Al3ksA Retired Moderator

Message Count:
    Fashola probe: Court delivers judgment today
    Written by Yejide Gbenga-Ogundare, Lagos Monday, 01 November 2010

A Lagos high court sitting in Ikeja will today deliver judgment in a suit instituted by veteran journalist and human rights activist, Richard Akinnola, against the Lagos State House of Assembly seeking to stop it from instituting a probe against  the state governor, Mr Babatunde Fashola, SAN.

When the case came up for hearing before Justice Opeyemi Oke at the last sitting, counsel for the claimant, Bamidele Aturu, told the court that the case was adjourned for hearing of the main application, adding that he had filed an originating summons dated May 4, 2010, which was supported by a 22-paragraph affidavit deposed to by the claimant with 12 exhibits.

He told the court that he also filed a written address, which he was ready to adopt.

He submitted that the issue for determination in the application was whether having regard to the circumstances of the case, it was lawful for the defendant to proceed with an act on the investigation of allegations of financial impropriety levelled against the executive arm of Lagos State government when it had notice of application for injunction restraining it and its committees from proceeding with or acting on the said investigation pending an appeal at the court of appeal against aspects of the judgment of this court.

“The narrow issue touches on a very sensitive thread that holds democracy, constitutionalism and the rule of law together, that is, administration of justice. It, therefore, necessarily compels a thorough examination of the tolerable or legally acceptable behaviour by persons and institutions in a constitutional democracy or in a polity with aspiration for building such a democracy,â€
    • Administrator
    • Super Moderator
    • GL Legend
    • Guru Member

press2 Administrator

Message Count:
    These guYS arE juSt WaIstIng thERe TiMe...c0S fAshOlA cANt B ToUch c0s hE is sTiL d BeSt GOVern0R iN NaiJa...
    • GL Senior Member
    • GL Legend
    • Guru Member

POSSIBLE GL Senior Member

Message Count:
    My Two Ogas. Press2and ALEKSA. Una too Gbaskky. You see. I no like Politics, cos it full of hatred and misconduction of Human right. So I reserve my Comment till Nigeria current situation changed for GOOD.