Advertisement:

How to send themes and sis files,app +games for s60v2(6670 and others)

Discussion in 'Symbian S60V3 Modding' started by NOSSY, Apr 13, 2011.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

?

how well did you understand the tutorial,and how has it helpd you?

100% 1 vote(s) 50.0%
80% 1 vote(s) 50.0%
40% 0 vote(s) 0.0%
20%+ 0 vote(s) 0.0%
60% 0 vote(s) 0.0%

NOSSY Member

Message Count:
    Sponsored Links:
    I know this is not gona be easy but because i av surfd almost all the forums and topics in this site but didnt see any topic similar to this 1 so i thought of sharing this idea with s60v2 users who stil find it diffcult to send sis apps and theme

pls, i'll come back in the evening to continue...
    Its gona be a long tutorial so i av to type everything down to make it abit easy for me...I am not gona be giving you screenshot cos i am useing s60v2 now but i av used it b4...But i will try 2 emphasise on it well to an understanding level...
    But before then i av to be sure i am not alone...
    ÇØØMÎÑG $ØØÑ!!!

NOSSY Member

Message Count:
    Ok i'm back so lets go there!!!
    I want to first remind you that;Nobody is an island of knowledge.we are all here to learn an share what we know so i am not mr perfect,i am band to make mistakes.pls if you notice any, simply correct me and not insulting me...THANK YOU!
    I'll be giving u tips on how to send themes,sis apps nd games.please if you av any questions,wait till i finish so that you will not distract others attention and only relevant questions will be entertained....NOTE:-The two symbian fones involved must have fileman application in them or xplore.but i'll be using fileman for the tutorial...
    O.K ENOF OF THE BLA BLA BLA...LET GET STARTED!!!

NOSSY Member

Message Count:
    oh shit! so i av been waisting my time since..luks like nobody needs it ok no probs but i'll still continue sha. Loading...............................

NOSSY Member

Message Count:
    Lets start with Themes
    NOTE: THIS TUTORIAL IS FOR S60V2 USERS ONLY
    If you av noticed,you will know that your fone does not store themes and other sis files in midlet after you must av installed the file,making it impossible for you send it to another fone.but you will know how to do that after this simple tutorial...

Step1>>USING FILEMAN:- On the bluetooth of the two fone you are sending from and to...open your fileman app in the fone you are sending to,locate the folder for massages in the fone;usually the last folder among them where you see C ,D ,E, Z and so on  delete all the shit you see in there so that you can recognise the ones you just sent...NOTE:-these files you see in the massage folder are your massages in your inbox,draft and sent...find a way of keeping the important ones bfore deleting. after that comes step 2

Step 2>>Open the fileman app in the fone you are sending from,locate the SKINS folder either in the E or C folder it depend on where the theme was saved when installing...
    Now find the theme you want to send(it is a folder it contain files),if it has another folder inside dont mark the folder..mark all other files you see inside and send...now open the inside folder, if there is any file inside it mark the files and send,if there is none, leave it dont send!...
    PLS NOTE:-IF USING FILEMAN AND ANY FILE REFUSE TO SEND SAY "PROTECTED FILE" NOT ALL THE FILES ARE PROTECTED...TRY TO KNOW THE PROTECTED ONES, RENAME IT BY DELETING ONE LETTER, THEN SEND...DONT FORGET TO RENAME IT BACK IN THE OTHER FONE YOU SENT TO
    After dat comes step 3

NOSSY Member

Message Count:
    Step 3>>Back to the fone you are sending to...open fileman app,locate the SKINS folder,open it.
    Now create a new folder inside the SKINS folder.the name of this new folder you are creating is the same as the theme folder you sent the files from in the other fone..if there was an inside folder in the theme folder you sent then also create an inside folder in this new one too...
    After doing that,leave the skins folder,stil in the fileman,go back to massage folder (you should know how to locate it) open the massage folder you will see all the file you sent...
    Now mark all,copy and paste in the folder you just created...if there was an inside folder with files,mark the files seperatly copy and paste in the inside folder..(be very carefull at this point cos any little mistake means back to square 1)
    Now go to main menu,themes and you will see your newly sent theme there like say na magic..

NOSSY Member

Message Count:
    hope not too complex...if you dont understand any part pls let me know.
    As for the apps and games..i wil post it when somebody shows he is interested..

Sponsored Links: