Advertisement:

How to SEO your WebSite – An Introduction

Discussion in 'Tech Discussions' started by Babadinho, Oct 8, 2011.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

• Administrator
    • GL Senior Member
    • GL Legend
    • Guru Member

Babadinho Administrator

Message Count:
    Sponsored Links:
    How to SEO your WebSite – An Introduction

This is starting from scratch so some of it may be boring and obvious for which I apologise but lots of people have wrong preconceived ideas I wanted to clarify.

What is SEO?
        Search Engine Optimization is modifying your website to help return your site higher in Search Engine Results Page (SERP). This can be split into off site and on site SEO which I explain below. The Google Algorithm takes over 200 things into consideration when deciding the SERP and it’s believed to be updated or tweaked every two to three days. Due to the secrecy of the Algorithm most SEO analysis and tips are a result of experience, educated guesses and leaked code and is therefore open to interpretation. Nothing is set in stone and it’s constantly evolving, growing and updating.

Off Site SEO
        This is the most important part of SEO but generally the part you have lease control over. It’s basically links that link to your website however the position of these links on other sites, the title and keyword of the link as well as the content and importance of the page their on, are all taking into consideration. I’ll explain the importance of these later but basically you want lots of links to your site from good quality well know sites of similar content.

On Site SEO
        This is when you modify your own site to help it receive better SERP. It’s the part you have more control over so I will concentrate on it more.
        A good example of a site with great off site SEO and terrible on site SEO is warez-bb.org. Everyone links to wbb saying it’s great but due to the content of wbb all its pages are hidden from Google.
        An example of a warez site which probably has better on site SEO than off site is warezlobby.org. This site also gets a lot of traffic from Google but wouldn’t have near as many people linking to it. Instead it has good url’s, title, meta tags and other on site SEO techniques which help it which I will now explain.

Title Tags
        This is the part that appears in the browser tab and also the part that appears in blue and underlined in Google. You want to achieve a balance between keywords and text that will catch the person’s eye on Google. It’s generally decided by the title of the post by the uploader or poster on your site. If there’s any uploaders reading this try and make your titles clean, legible with no fancy characters or dots between the words. This will generate more downloads for you. From a webmasters point of view you should have it so it’s not just the title. An example of where it used to be really bad was on HQ-Uploads where every title said “Free Rapidshare Downloads – HQ-Uploadsâ€
    • Super Moderator
    • GL Senior Member
    • GL Legend
    • Guru Member

Dmedal!on Super Moderator

Message Count:
    Current Phone:
    Samsung GT-S7562 / PMP-Ultra ROM + Speed Demon
    NICE shaRE BR0
    • GL Legend
    • Guru Member

Chilldelta GL Legend

Message Count:
    read this from beginning to de end.very educative

Ahmsta Member

Message Count:
    Great post. I have been writing so many articles concerning this issue. And i believe this adds to it
    (ahmsta.com/2011/11/search-engine-optimization-donts.html)
    • GL Senior Member
    • GL Legend
    • Guru Member
    • Retired Moderator

Slimderek Retired Moderator

Message Count:
    Yea..
    i wrote some articles on this..
    Imagine i didn't see this one
    • GL Senior Member
    • GL Legend
    • Guru Member
    • Retired Moderator

Slimderek Retired Moderator

Message Count:
    Basic SEO For For Forums ==> Alternative name
    • Guru Member

Teekay_carter I'm that awesome guy you met once

Message Count:
    [move]nice work  8)[/move]

chamber Member

Message Count:
    Thanks for the info!I appreciate it

Mr_9ice Member

Message Count:
    Great job bro
    • Guru Member

Crakah7®© Guru Member

Message Count:
    GOD WILLIN,IN AS MUCH AS I GO STILL ADMIN MY OWN SITE IN FUTURE,DIS NAH USEFUL INFORMATION.Tnks.

Worthwhile Member

Message Count:
    Current Phone:
    Nokia
    Nice one bro
    • Guru Member

sungirl Guru Member

Message Count:
    Nice sharing about SEO.SEO helps to ensure that a site is accessible to a search engine and improves the chances that the site will be found by the search engine. SEO is the best one to increase traffic for any kind of website. It gives high quality traffic for our website. For my website traffic, I choose SEO technique. And, I got SEO service from TheWebPole.com here they provide Search engine visibility service which bring traffic to my website. Here they provide you One-click submission of your site in many search engines like Google, Yahoo!, Bing, and AOL etc... and they also provide Powerful reports that show you how to move your website up in search results.

Sponsored Links: