Nokia 500 preview: First look

Discussion in 'DELETED POSTS' started by EFCC, Sep 17, 2011.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

• Super Moderator
    • GL Senior Member
    • GL Legend
    • Guru Member

EFCC Special Agent
    1. Free and Cheap Browsing Mastermind Group

Message Count:
    Nokia 500 preview: First look

Introduction

The Nokia 500 is not a phone Nokia desperately needs to succeed. They've got bigger things on their mind and we don't mean Windows Phone 7. With Symbian Belle just launched on two brand new handsets, the Anna-running Nokia 500 is beyond hope of getting in the spotlight.

It's exactly phones like the Nokia 500 though that do well, giving good return of the minimum investment. They thrive in anonymity and get the job done without fanfare. Think Nokia C5-03 but duly upgraded: a 1 GHz processor and double the RAM, a capacitive touchscreen and Symbian Anna - and it will only get better with Belle.

[IMG]
    [IMG]

The Nokia 500 is an entry-level smartphone and that's what Nokia are good at. It won't deliver super multimedia but it will open those internet pages for you and do it the way a true modern smartphone should - with multi-touch support. It's the complete smartphone experience with the speed of a 1GHz CPU, solid connectivity, free SatNav and multi-tasking, all in a much friendlier Symbian Anna fashion.
    • Super Moderator
    • GL Senior Member
    • GL Legend
    • Guru Member

EFCC Special Agent

Message Count:
    Nokia 500 at a glance:
    General: GSM 850/900/1800/1900 MHz, UMTS 850/900/1700/1900/2100 MHz, HSDPA 14.4 Mbps, HSUPA 5.76 Mbps
    Form factor: Touchscreen bar
    Dimensions: 111.3 x 53.8 x 14.1 mm, 73 cc; 93 g
    Display: 3.2-inch 16M-color nHD (360 x 640 pixels) TFT capacitive touchscreen
    Memory: 2 GB of inbuilt storage, microSD card slot (up to 32GB)
    CPU: ARM 11 1GHz processor, 256 MB RAM
    Camera: 5 megapixel fixed-focus camera with geotagging, VGA video recording @15fps
    Connectivity:Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g,stereo Bluetooth v2.1,microUSB port,3.5mm      audio jack, GPS receiver with A-GPS
    Misc: Accelerometer, Stereo FM radio with RDS, Flash lite 4.0, changeable colored back-panels, proximity sensor
    Battery: 1110 mAh Li-Ion battery, quoted for up to 7h/5h talk time in GSM/HSDPA mode and 500h/455h standby.

With an upgraded processor, penta-band worldwide coverage and improved data speeds, the Nokia 500 means business. But it knows its target audience and tries to stays relevant with the feature set and customization options including exchangeable back covers.
    • Super Moderator
    • GL Senior Member
    • GL Legend
    • Guru Member

EFCC Special Agent

Message Count:
    It keeps an eye on budget too. The all-plastic finish, garden variety TFT display, fixed-focus camera with no flash and VGA-only video are compromises that had to be made. It still looks like a viable option - a young, affordable smartphone with a good speed boost and colorful personality.

Looks like an easy one to get along with. We guess we can cut the courtesies and move on. We only have time for a short preview anyway.

John598 Member

Message Count:
    small ram!!
    • Super Moderator
    • GL Senior Member
    • GL Legend
    • Guru Member

EFCC Special Agent

Message Count:
    256mb
    • GL Legend
    • Guru Member

ikechukz GL Legend

Message Count:
    this phone is 31k in benin.
    • GL Legend
    • Guru Member

Chilldelta GL Legend

Message Count:
    BUGS:

restarting problem after screen fade,
    cannot play back HD Videos, not support
    for 3D gaming like fruit squash and angry
    bird !
    infact 3D games are a problem.Don't be decieved by de 1 GHz ARM 11 processor(runs apps smoothly thou .. Choose wisely

yemko Upcoming Guru

Message Count:
    this is the deepest shit, pls consider Nok 600 instead useless 500 with no GPU! Tech market has move beyond smartphone with 3D acc.... Hauwei IDEOUS X3 (#26,000) got Adreno GPU!
    • GL Legend
    • Guru Member

Chilldelta GL Legend

Message Count:

its just a 2D/3D graphics
    HW accelerator with OpenVG1.1
    and OpenGL ES 2.0 still didn't reach gpu of android
    just reduced task on cpu due to heavy 3d rendering of games developed recently.u can't compare samung galaxy s with Hummingbird A8 chip able to process 90 million
    triangles per second[gpu]
    • GL Legend
    • Guru Member

►►♫O.MICHAEL.O♫◄◄ GL Legend

Message Count:
    Current Phone:
    Samsung galaxy S2 (sold)
    i was considering buying the phone earlier.maybe i will just chill and buy my C6-01

Anonymous Guest

Get latest free browsing codes for your laptops ,mobiles for opera mini, uc web, bolt, handler, socket, http. Latest cheat for your Mtn, etisalat, airtel and glo super fast codes on www.naijatechzone.com
    • GL Legend
    • Guru Member

Nani666 GL Legend

Message Count:
    mehn.....dis fone is awesome with the belle updste.....just updated mine.....very smooth.....no more restarting or ram problems.....make too much sense

⢾David Brown Member

Message Count:
    Enj0y
    • GL Legend
    • Guru Member

Nani666 GL Legend

Message Count:
    and the belle update came  with angry birds game pre-installed.......nice

Attached Files:

mobolaji juwon Member

Message Count:
    i use nokia N900 and i feel my head will explode it has too much to offer and am no computer nerd if anyone wants to change his or her phone wit mine starting from a nokia N8 or C6 CONTACT ME by sending me a private message thanks in advance