Sponsored Links: A toddler has been left with devastating burns after she poured her mother's cup of scalding tea over her face. One-year-old Libbie Patterson, pictured before and after above, had grabbed the mug from a kitchen table at home. And splashed the boiling tea over her head, face, shoulders and back and immediately began screaming in agony. Her distraught mother called an ambulance and the toddler was rushed to hospital. She spent three nights being treated for burns but medics hope her face - which was left disfigured - will not be permanently scarred. Now her mother, Emma Patterson, 24, has released a picture of Libbie's injuries to warn other parents about the dangers of hot drinks. The mother-of-three said: 'The cup was close to the edge of the work surface and she reached up and grabbed it. It went over her face, shoulders, stomach and back.'She screamed and started to cry. I stripped her off and doused her in cold towels after I called for an ambulance and she was still screaming.'Libbie's face was starting to peel and blister and it wasn't a nice sight. They had to shave her head and she was in a bad way.'The doctors have said that she will scar on her shoulders but nowhere else and that's quite lucky. The doctors said that it could have blinded her and scarred all of her face.'She is being herself now and her skin just needs to heal a bit more. If I hadn't made that cup of tea, it wouldn't have happened.'It is amazing how making a cup of tea can have such devastating consequences.'I want to make parents aware of how easily things like this can happen.Source - DailymailUKI am glad you enjoyed my story. Visit us at www.LailasBlog.com to stay updated with more interesting/exclusive news like these. Click HERE now to do that.