Advertisement:

Why do Nigeria Web Design Companies Use CMS and Not Design Their Own Web Page?

Discussion in 'Tech Discussions' started by Lawal Oladipupo, Nov 1, 2016.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

?

Should Web Designers Use CMS to Create Their Own Web Page?

Poll closed Nov 15, 2016.
Yes, why not! 0 vote(s) 0.0%
No, can't they design? 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Hmmm, I can't say!! 0 vote(s) 0.0%

Lawal Oladipupo Member

Message Count:
    Current Phone:
    Tecno W4
    Sponsored Links:
    Today, I was just searching on-line for something that isn't lost and later found a purpose of my search which was to see web design companies in Nigeria that have registered their business to Google Business and Map.

Screen shot of result from Google.
    [IMG]

Well, I was surprised to see many from the Map and more on the page itself but what baffles me when I visit each of them is just that they all are Wordpress Sites (I wasn't able to check the remaining or all).

I also am a designer and a programmer or to say, a developer. This baffles me because I take time to design my pages from scratch, though sometimes with Bootstrap Framework but it's still from scratch.

My story so long but to you, I don't know if you are a designer or not but do you support the idea?
    Lets forget about their clients for now because I believe they choose CMS (Content Management Software) because its easy, simple to create and fast but they themselves, why not create theirs from scratch?

Thanks for reading but your view will make this active.

tippy2 Upcoming Guru

Message Count:
    Hi, I'm also a website designer, and I use bootstrap for most of my web designs, but the reason why i think you should also upgrade to cms is if your client want to add content to their website themselves. I remember building a website for someone, after showing him the site he loved it, but he asked me that what if he wants to add more pictures of his recent project, how is he gonna do it, well i used bootstrap to design the website, and my client doesnt know the first thing about html. I just told him : this is why you hired me, incase you want to edit the content of your web site just lemme know. But i dont know the type of customers I'll be having in the future, this is why I'm thinking of converting all my bootstrap website to wordpress theme, so that my client will be able to add content themselves, it will even relieve me from alot of stress.
    Lawal Oladipupo likes this.

Lawal Oladipupo Member

Message Count:
    Current Phone:
    Tecno W4
    I believe that when designing a website for a client that you should provide a control panel for them which gives them the ability to edit the basics they will be needing on their web page.
    tippy2 likes this.

tippy2 Upcoming Guru

Message Count:
    but how do you create a control panel for a website designed with bootstrap?

Lawal Oladipupo Member

Message Count:
    Current Phone:
    Tecno W4
    Bootstrap is a CSS Framework for styling your website structure but you will have to write web script to make a control panel.

If you're a web designer and not a developer, then you don't need to worry about why they want to change their content because that is going out of Designers work but to developers / programmers. But why should you use CMS? Don't worry about your clients trying to change some stuff because what they asked you was to design not develop.

hamilton2000 Upcoming Guru

Message Count:
    for people having verification issues you need not to worry anymore, send a fresh email preferably yahoo mail, your full name : surname first, your location and state, and I will text you later when am done to verify from your email and continue the registration process ,,, send your details to 07036359843 You get get more information about bitcoin

Sponsored Links: